Whether you’re happy with the occasional sun that the UK brings, or would prefer to head for sunnier climes for your stag do, there are a multitude of top destinations to choose from, at home and abroad. If you’re looking for a local city break or even just need an overnight stay before you jet off to new shores, book group accommodation with Travelodge for great deals to help keep the budget as low as possible.
1. London – The England capital that never sleeps, London has something for everyone and is easily accessible from anywhere in the UK. Grab a bird’s eye view of the city on the London Eye before heading out on the town, where you can choose from a variety of world famous clubs, including the Ministry of Sound, Fabric and Torture Garden.
2. South Wales – A great choice for the outdoors adventurers, south Wales offers countryside far and wide in which to enjoy an outdoor pursuit or two. Try your hand at coasteering, gorge scrambling and a high ropes course before heading for a night out in nearby Cardiff.
3. Edinburgh – A range of diverse cultural activities are on offer, combined with some cracking nightlife and amazing comedy nights. Head for Victoria Street if you’re looking for live music or George Street for chic bars.
4. Dublin – One of the world’s greatest cities and home to the Guinness Brewery. Enjoy the sights or sign up for an outdoor adventure. Choose from paintballing, go karting and white water rafting.
5. Amsterdam – A classic choice for stag dos abroad, Amsterdam is a Mecca for lads in search of a city break. With a massive go kart track just on the outskirts, the Amsterdam beer bike for a unique way to see the city and the umpteen bars, clubs and alternative cafes to choose from, it’s an ideal spot for a lad’s weekend.
6. Riga – With low prices and activities ranging from bobsleighing, target shooting with an AK47 and a superb nightlife, the capital of Latvia is growing in popularity with stag weekends and it’s easy to see why.
7. Prague – Fabulous culture, awesome nightlife and outdoor adventures galore, this buzzing city in the heart of the Czech Republic still offers great value for money. For an afternoon of thrills, spend a couple of hours white water rafting on the Vltava River for a fast and furious cure for hangovers.
8. Manchester – Stay local in this North West metropolis and enjoy the wide variety of activities on offer. If it’s not all about the vibrant nightlife, how about taking a tour of one of the most successful football clubs in the world, Manchester United?
9. Las Vegas – Be completely frivolous and go all out on a lad’s holiday to remember. Enjoy the casinos and live entertainment or take a hummer off road for a desert adventure in the self-proclaimed entertainment capital of the world.
10. Barcelona – Watch the amazing Barca FC play a home game, explore the myriad of nightclubs and bars in the bustling city or enjoy the beaches and watersports on offer in this beautiful Spanish city on the Mediterranean coast.
Whatever destination you choose, plan it well and book value accommodation, and your stag is sure to love every minute.